Woodbridge Art Club's gallery on Tide Mill Quay, just a few yards from the Tide Mill, was always one of the places we visited when we were tourists to the town, before we moved here, in 1994. There is a high standard of art available at reasonable prices.
Below is a selection of photographs taken at the opening even for the 2007 season, showing some of the display areas. And it's not all paintings - some individual items below demonstrate the variety of styles, subjects, and media on view, and on sale!
Note: these images are taken from from large file-size digital photographs. Lighting, contrast, colour saturation, sharpness and image quality may have been modified to ensure that a reasonable-sized file is created, that is viewable at reasonable quality on a computer screen. They may not accurately represent the quality of the work.
1. A corner of the ever-changing but permanent displays of art, during the summer at Woodbridge Art Club.
2. An earthenware goblin. But I'm happy to be corrected about the subject or the medium!
3. Agricultural scene from the days of reliance on real horsepower
4. Part of the display on the walls of Woodbridge Art Club
5. Crochet milk jug cover.
6. Another section of the display of paintings at Woodbridge Art Club.
7. To make best use of the space, some paintings are displayed on free-standing pegboard walls
8. Pottery fishing boat with fishermen and nets.
9. Seashore scene.
10. Pottery leaf.
11. Sailing boat (barge?) with sails furled, in a misty background
12. Black cats on yellow bedspread.
Woodbridge Art CLub
Tide Milll Way, Woodbridge
Exhibitions every weekend 10-5pm throughout summer